Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oliver's First Tooth and many many more

Keeping everything up to date on here is really getting away from me. I think about it every day but by the time the night comes around I'm so exhausted the thought of writing anything hurts my head. So I have just got back from a 4 day mini break down in Margaret River and am feeling relaxed enough to do it.

I've also started back at work, so this just adds to my can't be stuffed attitude in the evening. I never realised just how much I did with those extra day's during the week, but gee I wish I could get them back. I thought going back to work 3 days a week would be easy, but it turns out it's not.

So loads has happened since I last posted and I am sure that I will forget something but here we go:

Oliver has his first tooth!!! And it was soooo easy. For months I thought he was getting his first tooth, all those sleepless nights, but the week before he got that tooth he was a little angel. So happy and sleeping right through the night every night, being nice to Daddy and Mummy and giving them some extra much needed sleep. So now my little gummy man is no longer gummy, and I can tell you, when that little man grabs my finger and bites on it, boy does it hurt!!!!! Biting on fingers is now officially banned!

He is so interactive now, such a happy little boy, really easy to settle when he is upset, I think he is setting me up for failure with the next baby when we chose to have another. He is learning yes and no at the moment. I don't think that he is understanding it as yet, but he seems to under stand when I say no that shaking his head means no and he shakes his head at me, and he is just learning to nod his head, but he gets extremely over excited and cannot seem to nod his head with out nodding his arms as well hahaha.

Our little man is also just about on the move. Well he is already on the move but just in a backwards notion. He is getting up on those knees all the time and goes to move forward but either falls flat on that belly of his or pushes himself backwards. He can go very far backwards, he found Daddy's DVDs today, which we will now have to find another spot for.

Oliver has also figured out that he quite likes that little white fluffy thing that walks about our house (the dog). He tries to go after Jack whilst on his hands and knees but fortunately for Jack, like I said before, he can only go backwards so never quite gets there, but I feel that when he gets himself going forwards that he'll be chasing poor Jack around the house. Jack doesn't mind Oliver so much any more. He used to dislike him quite a bit when he was a newborn, I almost thought I might have to give Jack away, the way he was always barking at Oliver and trying to get at him. Jack has cottoned on to the fact that this kid gets him in on more human food. So when Oliver is eating his dinner and I give him the finger food portion of his meal, Jack sits there very patiently waiting, waiting, waiting... and before you know it, Oliver is bored of his food and throws it on the floor for the dog to eat. Now where did he learn that from? Craig and I will have to stop giving the dog food from the table. And the other day when I was making the bed, I put Oliver in his bouncer and gave him a biscuit to eat, I turned away from him for just too seconds, when I turned back it was to find him sharing his biscuit with Jack. They both looked sprung when I turned back around, but it was super cute, glad I caught him though, before he put the biscuit back in his mouth.

Oliver also started Day Care 4 weeks ago, but has only been twice as he has been quite sick and I chose to leave him with Dad one day instead, who by the way did a fantastic job looking after him. I'm still not too sure about the day care thing, a few things are making me a little unimpressed but I have vowed to give it a go for a few more weeks before I give up on it. He doesn't seem to mind being left there, he doesn't cry when I leave, but he does act up a bit and refuses to sleep, unlike his older Cousin J who is the perfect sleeper.

Ever since being out of hospital we are on high alert as he just gets sick so easily. I know most babies get sick easily, but he just always seems sick. He gets better for maybe 2 or 3 days and then he is sick again. We are pretty sure that he does in fact have asthma as he gets wheezy all the time and the ventolin is helping this, but they will not diagnose him with asthma until he is older. We had his follow up appointment with the hospital doctor who wants to keep him on the steroid he is taking to get him through winter and as long as he gets through the rest of the winter with minimal assistance from the ventolin then they will try reducing the amount of steroid we are giving him and then hopefully get him off it all together. We now have another appointment with her in October to see how he is going.

Well as I have said I am sure I will be missing something but for now I must go because my sick little man has woken up and is very unhappy. I must relieve poor Dad.

P.S before I go and relieve him we had his 8 month appointment almost a month ago now and his stats are as follows:

Weight: 8.710 kilos (50th percentile)
Length: 70 centimetres (50th percentile)


No comments:

Post a Comment