Thursday, May 13, 2010

My First Mother's Day and Other 6 Month Stuff

So in my last post I knew I had forgotten something. I guess the baby brain is still at it's worth. I forgot to write all about Oliver's 6 month weigh in with the child health nurse. Every month I take him to get weighed and measured and here is his statistics for the month:

Weight: 8.05kg! Can't believe how much he has grown. Still everyone always says how big is but truth is he's only 55th percentile for his age. I think that massive head of his gives a little misconception of this.
Height: 68cm - or ma
ybe this is why people thing he is so big. On his height he is in the 78% percentile, pretty sure he's going to be taller than Mummy and Daddy.
Head Circumference: 45cm!!!! Wow he's got a big head, 80th percentile on the chart, coming a long way from his 10th percentile when he was born. It's that Petta head! ;O)

So on Sunday I was able to enjoy My very first Mother's Day. Up until now
I didn't REALLY appreciate how much Mum has done for us, well Mum and Dad really. But there is something about those Mothers :O) And now that I am one I really really really appreciate my own. Mums work very very hard!! And yes being a Mother is by far the most rewarding thing in the world, but it's still hard work. So on this day not only did I feel so extremely loved by my beautiful husband and baby but I felt so much extra love towards my own Mother.

Craig and Oliver absolutely spoiled me as well. I got a spa voucher for a head, neck, shoulder and back massage and a facial, and I got New Moon on Blueray. I am really looking forward to my spa package. Craig has said that he will look after Oliver for me, so I am really looking forward to relaxing. I'll probably fall asleep haha.

We had a lovely breakfast as Craig's parents house, and Oliver showed off how he can stand supporting himself on the coffee table and was just showered with so much love as usual. Then back home for us where Oliver, Craig and Myself all had a quick afternoon nap. We then had my family over for a BBQ dinner and it was just so nice having everyone around. And the best thing about it? The whole day was over by 8.00pm so Craig and I had a moment to relax in the evening.

I'm really looking forward to every Mother's Day to come now. It was so special and I felt so loved and so loving. Mother's Day has really taken on a whole new meaning to me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment