Friday, April 16, 2010

Oliver's First Easter

Ok so this is late again. But I am a Mum and what better excuse I say?

Well Oliver's first Easter has come and gone, and like every event since Oliver has been in the world it was a beautiful day filled with lots of love from all the family and friends. And wasn't he
spoilt! This little guy has sooooo much stuff, we need a new house just to store all his stuff. Even though he can't eat chocolate just yet he got loads of Easter presents and those chocolates that he did get Mummy ate for him. Don't worry, I explained to him just how good each one tasted, so in a way he still got to enjoy them.

We spent the day eating of course, we had lunch at Craig's parents house and then a dinner
at my Brother and Sister in Laws house, but of course being surrounded by so many people all day wore little Oliver out and he was none too impressed by the time 4.30pm came around and was a little sooky for the latter half of the day, eventually falling asleep on me early and even picking him up and holding him the air couldn't wake him from the deep slumber he found himself in. So cute. I can't say I mind though, since having him on the routine (and it's been a long time now) I don't have that little luxury of having him fall asleep on my chest, one of my favourite things ever, as he has to be put down awake in his bed so he can self settle. But it's that little sacrifice I have to make so that he will sleep well.

Anyway, as I said the day was beautiful, and Oliver even got a chance to show off his sitting skills to everyone at the Petta household, and we got some beautiful smiley photos of him as well.

Speaking of sleeping. We have had a breakthrough. Since his little sickness he has been a horrible night sleeper, waking up 6-7 times per night. Wow that is tough on a working Daddy and a Mummy who does some part time work from home. But I have decided to cut out his 10.30pm dreamfeed and I am happy to say that I put him down at 7pm for his sleep and he wakes up once a night for a feed, usually between 3.30am and 6.00am, which means I can feed him and put him back down and he will go back to sleep until 7.00am. So now Daddy and Mummy are happy because we are getting so much more sleep and are very refreshed every day.

Well until next time that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment